Rebecca’s career so far spans over 16 years in health and sport. Her journey starting from the 9-5 path of working for the NHS in the UK, during which time she studied for an MSc in sports nutrition.
From there, her career has taken several turns, including heading into the mountains of Chamonix to work with enthusiastic young ski racers at the British Ski Academy. This led her becoming a performance nutritionist at the high performance epicentre, Sport Scotland Institute of Sport (SIS), and the buzz of working with national and Olympic athletes (including the GB curling teams, winter sport athletes and paralympic athletes). In 2010 Rebecca fulfilled a career ambition by supporting athletes towards the Vancouver Winter Olympics. During her time at the SIS Rebecca gained a sports nutrition diploma with the International Olympic Committee. Filled with enthusiasm and drive, she moved on to set up her own business. Recognising the deficiency of sound science based nutrition practices in mountain sports, she has managed to combine her own love of adventure, to work with those who partake in uphill sports. Clients to date have included:
- A World Cup winning, Red Bull sponsored, female climber
- Competition ice climbers
- The GB climbing team
- A world cup winning, ultra distance runner
- Individual mountaineers and expedition clients
She has also contributed nutrition content to outdoor magazines and brands i.e. Climb Magazine, Arc’teryx Alpine Academy, The North Face Europe, Merrell, The British Mountaineering Council, and Jagged Globe, a mountaineering expedition company.
Rebecca brings to Uphill Athlete, a wealth of experience working within high performance teams, delivering nutrition strategies to help optimise performance and maximise potential. She also continues to work at the forefront of health and sport nutrition and prides herself on remaining up to date with the latest nutrition science and applied nutrition strategies. She is able to cut through all of the mis-information out there, giving informed, clear and easy to understand advice.
Rebecca is currently based in Chamonix in the French Alps.
Rebecca is the Forum Moderator for the Nutrition Category in the Uphill Athlete Forum Pages.
Qualifications and Accreditations:
- BSc Applied Human Nutrition (Dietetics) – University of Wales Institute of Cardiff, UK
- MSc Sport Nutrition – Loughborough University, UK
- Sports Nutrition Diploma – International Olympic Committee
- Level 1 ISAK anthropometrist for body composition assessment – The International Society for the Advancement of Kinathropometry
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and a member of the British Dietetic Association