Weighted Vest | Uphill Athlete

Weighted Vest

• Creator
    Topic
    Suzanne Roberts
    Participant

Hi Coaches!
    I have a question on weighted vests. I have committed to Aconcagua in December and will need to carry 45-65 lbs depending on ascent or descent after base camp. I currently have a 10 lb vest and plan to use my pack as I get closer, but would like to purchase an additional weighted vest that can work with me until then. Currently, I’m moving towards 20 lbs and understand that will increase. I’m wondering what the max weighted value I should look for in a vest. I was thinking around 50lbs. that can be adjusted to a lower weight. I’ve explored the
    RUNMAX weighted vest and it seems like a good fit. Do you have any thoughts or insights?

Thank you!
    Suzanne

• Participant
    Ruben S on #77644

Hi

That’s what I’m using at 20lbs and add either leg weighs (boot simulation) at gym OR throw it inside my backpack. It’s very clean, handy and inexpensive. I haven’t found any downsides to it.

Participant
    Ruben S on #77645

Hi

That’s what I’m using at 20lbs and add either leg weights (boot simulation) at gym OR throw it inside my backpack. It’s very clean, handy and inexpensive. I haven’t found any downsides to it.

pedro on #77970

Hi Suzanne ,

In my opinion, vests are a good option, but taking the backpack is always the way to go. try to be more specific as possible, more close as possible to the gear you are going to use on your goal.
    Try to take the gear you need on the long trainings and weighted, and try understand the best solutions, what works , where it should be in the backpack , make it second nature .

cheers,

Pedro Carvalho

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.