Question about Training Peaks run schedule.

• Creator
    Topic
    luke.koetje
    Participant

I just purchased the 24 week Expeditionary Mountaineering Training Plan. As I look through the schedule, I have a question about how to structure some of these workouts. As you can see from the picture, tomorrow (April 15th) I have 2 runs scheduled. Does this sound right? I just want to make sure I’m doing it right. A 30 minute run/jog/walk and then a 1 hour run / hike on rolling terrain. Also this weekend, I have a 1 hour run / hike then a 2 hour run / hike with a minimum of 1000 feet.
    How should I schedule these runs? One first thing in the morning and the second in the afternoon? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I want to get the most out of this program.
    Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Participant
    luke.koetje on #40495

Scratch that… I had the plan applied 2 different times. If an admin can delete this thread, that’d be great. Sorry to clog up the forum with stupid questions.

Inactive
    Anonymous on #40498

No problem. It’s a valid question anyway, so I’ll answer it. “Doubles” are quite common in training plans.

Scheduling is usually at the mercy of time, resources, and energy. I much prefer outdoor aerobic sessions to strength, so I do strength first and then “reward” myself with the aerobic session. Also, for endurance athletes, following a strength session with an aerobic one is better than the opposite. (For speed or strength athletes, this is not the case.)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.