Modifying the 24 week Mountaineering Plan | Uphill Athlete

Modifying the 24 week Mountaineering Plan

• Creator
    Topic
    mzkarim
    Participant

Hi,

I’m in Week 8 of the 24-week Plan, but felt quite fatigued in Week 6 and had to add some extra rest days. I’m fine now, but wanted to know which weeks I should repeat in order to get the most out of it. I know some like to repeat certain weeks to solidify their gains and improvement. My AeT is 142 (tested 8 weeks ago) and AnT around 165 (tested over a year ago). Thanks!

• Participant
    Shashi on #43831

Here is from the training plan page

Tips: Rest when you are tired. If you miss a workout do not try to make it up. Just move on. If you miss more than 2 in a week then repeat that week. Do not increase the intensity and hope to gain more benefits. There is no short cut to when it comes to aerobic adaptation.

Assuming you missed workouts in Week 6/7, you might want to repeat these weeks. I would reassess the volume if you feel fatigued.

Hope this helps.

Participant
    mzkarim on #43832

Thanks. Yes, I did repeat those weeks and am fine now. I guess I didn’t phrase my question properly: I don’t have any mountaineering plans this year, so don’t have a deadline by which I need to complete training. I thought I might take this opportunity to be super ready for next year. What would be the best strategy for that – to repeat some weeks of this Plan to solidify my progress and gains or complete this Plan, take a couple of weeks off and repeat the whole Plan?

Inactive
    Anonymous on #43846

If you have the time I would recommend going through the whole plan resting a 1-2 weeks and repeating. You will learn a lot if you are keeping good notes in TP. That way you’ll have a better feel about how to apply the plan the next time through, and you’ll be much fitter the second time through.

Scott

Participant
    mzkarim on #43850

Thanks, Scott! This answers my exact question. I’ve already learned a lot during these 8 weeks from the UA website, these forums, the books TFTUA and “Rock Climber’s Training Manual” and the how my body is responding to the training I’ve been doing (why each workout is where it is, the benefits of each type of workout, etc). It has already been a great learning experience and am looking forward to the Base and ME parts of the Plan. Thanks so much!!!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Training Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.