ChamFit Progression Question

• Creator
    Topic
    Alex A.
    Participant

Hey all,

I’m a mountain runner and skier (nordic, alpine, backcountry) that is coming off my running season with some nagging injuries again. I purchased the Cham Fit program to focus on injury prevention (should have done this years ago) and to supplement my PT, but I have a question on progression.

Mainly: where do the lite programs fit in? Are these just intended to be shorter workouts?

I somewhat expected to do Lite 1->Lite2->Lite3->Level 1, but I’m wondering if it would make more sense to do Lite1->Level 1->Lite2->Level2_etc.

How is everyone incorporating the Lite program into their training?

Thanks,
    Alex

• Keymaster
    Jane Mackay on #82233

Alex,
    The lite programs are designed to be used during season as maintenance, when it would be too much on top of a full skiing or trail running season (e.g.) to do the full CMF.

The progression is level 0 once or twice to be sure you get the form of the principal movements right, then 1, 2, 3, 4. Levels 1, 2 and 3 make a fairly steady progression, but level 4 is quite different and much more focussed on dynamic movement.

Since you’re dealing with injuries, it would be a good idea not to be in a hurry to progress — speaking from my own experience 😉 I find that even when I’m really familiar with a level, I get even more out of it by getting reallly precise with form and alignment.

Hope that helps,
    Jane

Participant
    Alex A. on #82245

Thanks Jane. That makes perfect sense. I’ll switch over to the full workouts and transition back to Lite when I can’t support that load.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.