AeT Test, clearly a dumb question

• Creator
    Topic
    Melissa Macdonald
    Participant

I’m about to re-do my AeT test after some time off of training. Warm up for 20 minutes until HR settles into conversation pace, treadmill up to 10% incline, go for full hour at 10% incline, then warm down (say, for 10 minutes for a total time on the treadmill of 90 minutes). I ONLY compare the first and second half of that middle HOUR, right? (The first and second 30 minute intervals). So I don’t count the warm up or warm down portions…..

I am positive I have my zones set too low. I had a great hike with #27 pounds last weekend, felt sustainable the entire time, was able to converse, but my HR monitor said I was in Zone 3 or 4 the majority of the time. What? LOL. That can’t be right. (Hence why I’m testing AeT again so I can correct those Zones.)

Thank you!

• Participant
    Shashi on #63218

“I ONLY compare the first and second half of that middle HOUR, right? (The first and second 30 minute intervals). So I don’t count the warm up or warm down portions…..”

– that is correct

Participant
    Melissa Macdonald on #63221

Here’s my stats, the start HR for part one was 146, ending at 148. The AVERAGE for part one was 140, average for part 2 was 142. Both of those were only an increase of 1.369% and 1.42% respectively. So is 146 below my AeT? Should I do it again and start at a faster pace?
    Thank you anyone and everyone for your help!
    MMAC

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant
    Melissa Macdonald on #63251

Here’s my stats, the start HR for part one was 146, ending at 148. The AVERAGE for part one was 140, average for part 2 was 142. Both of those were only an increase of 1.369% and 1.42% respectively. So is 146 below my AeT? Should I do it again and start at a faster pace?
    Thank you anyone and everyone for your help!
    MMAC

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    MarkPostle on #63328

Is this HR data from a chest strap? Looks a little “jumpy” for steady state treadmill HR data.

Participant
    Melissa Macdonald on #63330

Yes, it’s from my Wahoo chest strap, uploaded directly to TP. 10% incline, steady pace – did not change speed at all. My HR does seem to move around a bit. Here’s the strange part (and hence my confusion over getting this right…) For 2 of the tests I did last Spring, my HR actually decreased! I had a negative drift. Maybe I’m just a weirdo. :-0

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.