Adding Extra Z1/Z2 work

• Creator
    Topic
    Kyle Brundage
    Participant

Hi,

I am running the 24-Week Expedition plan for Rainier/Baker in August and extending to Aconcagua in Dec 2020. I am in the beginning month.

My question is, what would the best way to add in extra aerobic work to the program? Right now I do 90 minutes fasted 5x/week, with the longer day on the 6th, and 1 rest day. The 2x strength days I go to the gym again in the afternoon. I am recovering well, but I’d like to go from the current 10hrs/weekly closer to 12hrs/weekly (not including Strength) and seems like what is included in the plan is the bare minimum. I am already doing quite a bit more than the program calls for, though I do NOT plan on tacking additional strength or ME workouts once I get through the plan, just aerobic or Z1/Z2 workouts.I saw great results last year just doing strictly the 12-Week Time Crunch, but want to expedite fixing ADS. I understand endurance is an adaptation that takes a long time, but it seems like more weekly aerobic volume can get me there faster.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• Inactive
    Anonymous on #39519

I am recovering well…

Then feel free to add additional (or extend existing) Z1/2 sessions.

I understand endurance is an adaptation that takes a long time, but it seems like more weekly aerobic volume can get me there faster.

Correct.

Participant
    Kyle Brundage on #39522

Simple enough, thank you. Guess I had nothing to worry about.

Inactive
    Anonymous on #39527

WRT Z1/2, the more, the better. So as long as you’re recovering and ready for strength and higher intensity sessions, add as much as your life constraints will allow.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.