TSS to TRIMP based CTL

• Creator
    Topic
    Dada
    Participant

Hi guys,

I just found this article Fit to climb Everest

Since I use the free platform Runalyze.com (and they calculate CTL based on TRIMP instead of TSS). So, do you have similar values for TRIMP-based CTL when you are ready to climb Everest, Denali and so on like in the aforementioned article.

Or is there a converter?

Best regards
    Dada

• Inactive
    Anonymous on #43133

Not that I’m aware of, but I suspect there might be one in the Google-verse somewhere.

Participant
    Dada on #43150

I just regressed TRIMP on TSS for the last n=26 of my own data and received the following conversion:

TSS = 0.6704 * TRIMP + 10.035
    with R2 = 94.7%

So this means the following conversion:

Denali (CTL_TSS = 75) = 97 (CTL_TRIMP)
    Everest (CTL_TSS = 100) = 134 (CTL_TRIMP)
    Everest w/o. OX (CTL_TSS = 125) = 171 (CTL_TRIMP)

Hope this can help others as well.

Best regards
    Dada

Participant
    sbr on #48997

Dada,

I am also using runalyze. The conversion you propose does not work for my data at all. Using this I would totally overestimate the TSS.
    From my understanding TRIMP and TSS are different metrics. TSS is power-based, while TRIMP is based on HR. So I suspect there is no one-size fits all conversion.

Participant
    AshRick on #49017

I can’t answer the question about TRIMP conversion, but…

From long experience with TSS (going back 20 years chatting with Andy Coggan) and using T-peaks…

In T-peaks, for running workouts, change the TSS number it reports to rTSS. The resulting numbers look and feel more correct. The only other edit I make is to add some points for big vert days. 10 points per 1000 ft, as recommended on here. That feels about right. 3.5 hours at Z1 to low-Z2 comes in at ~180 rTSS. But add 30-40 points for 4000ft of vert — 210-220 feels about right, insofar as it gives an indication of training load and recovery need.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.