cheap watch to display heart rate | Uphill Athlete

cheap watch to display heart rate

• Creator
    Topic
    juskojj
    Participant

title says it about all. one day i’ll get a nice expensive watch like a garmin or cornos but right now i’m just looking for a cheap bluetooth watch that i can synch with my wahoo chest strap HRM so i can see my HR on the watch instead of just holding and looking at my phone, which i’ve been doing for a year now and it’s getting old…

• Participant
    Mariner_9 on #56606

Can’t help you with an idea for a cheap watch but I wanted to say thanks for highlighting Coros. I’ve had a lot of issues with both Garmin and Suunto and I’m looking to get away from both.

Participant
    todd.struble on #56614

I’d just search up the used market. I remember a few years ago I got a Garmin Forerunner 305 for $10 off craigslist. It didn’t have bluetooth and took some obsolete software finagling to get working, but it synced with my Wahoo Tickr HR monitor (ANT+ protocol) just fine. I think the Forerunner 210 is the current value buy with bluetooth. I’d still be using the 305 if the software had worked just a bit better for syncing with training peaks.

Otherwise, the king of reviews for all fitness devices is DC rainmaker. Check his site out for more info than you probably need.

Participant
    TerryLui on #56657

Forerunner 305 for $10 off craigslist

As Todd said…buy used.
    I got a Suunto Ambit 3 several years ago for 1/4 of the retail price

Participant
    LindsayTroy on #56685

Before I got my nice watch, I found an old Garmin Forerunner for free off a running forum.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Training Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.