Which Week To Restart At? 24 Week Mountaineering Plan

• Creator
    Topic
    RachelF
    Participant

Hi All,

I am unclear where I should restart my plan and would love some input from folks: In 2022 I started the 24 week mountaineering plan and repeated the cycles from week 17ish in the lead up to climbing Aconcagua at the start of 2023. I cam back from Aconcagua in January and after a short pause, restarted training in the plan from a similar place. I am taking a longer break now (4-6 weeks), to give my body and brain some rest, and looking to restart the plan soon. I am unsure if I should start over from week 2, or another week somewhere in the plan and would appreciate any insight you might have!

• Keymaster
    Jane Mackay on #83860

Hi Rachel,
    Since you’ve had a fairly long break, it would be good to do a transition period of 2-3 weeks to see how your body responds. That could then guide you as to which week to restart at.

Participant
    RachelF on #83861

Hi Jane,

Thank you for this! What weeks in the plan do you recommend? Transition week two or a transition week from later in the plan?

Best,
    Rachel

Keymaster
    Jane Mackay on #83862

I would be inclined to start early in the plan. It’s much better to find you can do more than you think and to ramp up, than to have to dial back and mess with the consistency.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.