Repeating Aerobic Threshold Test

• Creator
    Topic
    nasirkhamlichi1
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I brought the 24 week and did the Zone 1 & 2 Test. I am about 6 weeks in and love the fact that I am getting fitter and stronger without repeating my previous mistakes of totally fatiguing myself and then needing extra recovery days because I overdid it. My question is as I move through the weeks, I am assuming my Zone 1 & 2 numbers will change. How often would you recommend repeating the Aerobic Threshold Test throughout the programme if at all?

• Inactive
    Anonymous on #15393

Sorry for the slow reply. You can repeat this low intensity test anytime you want because it is a fairly easy effort. Probably best to do it about every 4-6 weeks to see some gains.

Scott

Participant
    nasirkhamlichi1 on #15407

Hey Scott, Thank you for the reply -Its really helpful! I cant rate the programme enough – I just did my morning recovery run keeping a strict heart rate well below my Aerobic heart rate, at nearly the same pace that was putting me in Zones 3/4 runs earlier in the year! My total volume has dropped overall and i have way more in the tank! Great Book/Great Programme!!

Participant
    NandaDevi on #17304

Hi Scott,
    In case I want to repeat this test, is the AeT the average heart rate for the first half of the 1 hour test (assuming the heart rate drift stays within 5% between the first vs second half).
    Thanks,
    S

Participant
    NandaDevi on #17316

Scott, please ignore my question – I’m seeing a lot of your responses from other threads in the forum, so I get the idea.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.