Mt. Rainier Denali Seminar

• Creator
    Topic
    kazu.ishidera
    Participant

Hi Mark, Nate, and Steve,

Thank you so much for the first round of the training group. It has been great to see the improvement in my fitness without injury and learn how to train. Also, being surrounded by like-minded people has been great. I have learned so much from you and the group. I am very happy and I wish I found this 20 years ago. : ) I signed up for the second round.

I am going to join the IMG Rainier Denali Expedition Seminior from February 19th to February 22nd. I am not sure how this fits into the training schedule. What would the 2 weeks between the first and second rounds look like when I consider this seminar? My understanding is that the seminar is not focused on summiting. I am sure that I will get the taste of hauling sled.

By the way, if anybody is interested in joining the seminar, please join me. It is highly recommended by Uphillathlete coaches. And…I would love to split the cost of renting a car to Ashford, which is twice more than my airplane ticket. LOL.

Thanks.

Kazu

MarkPostle on #62436

Kazu, Great to hear you’re doing a Denali prep seminar, your will only come out of that better off with the skills that are inevitable from the winter environment on rainier! As for the timing with your training I would do two fairly normal build weeks and then a mini taper the week of the seminar. I would repeat the week of January 10 and the week of January 17 the only exceptions being I would reduce the volume of the weekend before you leave by about 30 to 40%. Then the five days before you leave for the seminar I would make look much like a consolidation week. Then the five days before you leave for the seminar I would make look much like a consolidation week. One rest day, one mobility day, a chamfit work out and probably a single 60 minute low intensity outing. This should have you rested and ready to roll for whatever the seminar throws at you. If you think of it report back on the forum on this thread afterwards and let us know how it went!

Participant
    kazu.ishidera on #62441

Mark, thank you! I will update my training schedule as you describe and will report back to the forum.

Kazu

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.