Low Grade ACL tear.

• Creator
    Topic
    heetrathod1995
    Participant

Hello Everyone.

Hope you all are doing great.

1. Six months ago I had a minor episode while playing cricket which lead to Low Grade ACL tear (Postero-Inferior Fibers), this was diagnosed recently. And just now I have started physical therapy for the same. But Im unable to get back to training at the moment. Is it possible to train or exercise in order to miss out on the days?

2. In those 6 months, I started training for High Altitude Climbing (Uphill Running), and after like 3 months, my Lower back started paining, and on top of that I’m a vegetarian, deficiency of b12 is expected.. Since that I am unable to train. Is it possible that ACL tear while running can put or transfer the pressure on lower back?

Basically, I’m trying to find solution to get back to training?

Help and Opinions would be appreciated.

Thank You,
    Heet Rathod,
    Mumbai, India.

Posted In: Injury & Rehab

• Participant
    Pete Dickinson MS,PT on #49696

Heet,
    In treating the knee, look at regaining your full extension of the knee. If motion is full, goblet squats and single leg step ups/downs are a great strengthening exercise you can do at home. Gradually return to running. If you are not running normally due to knee pain, yes, this could irritate the back. Also perform core exercises to strengthen around the back while exercising the knee.
    Cheers,
    Pete

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.