Involvement of different muscles @ skimountaineering

• Creator
    Topic
    Dada
    Participant

Hi Thomas et Al.,

Yesterday, I did an extended skitour. After the skitour I had problems to stand fully upright (little hip hinge all the time). I felt that tightness very often before but this was a new level (that tightness actually impairs my skiing abilities downhill). What helped a little, is to stretch the Iliacus at the summit.

Is this Iliacus? Psoas? Quadratus Lumborum?

Is there a way to reduce the tightness during skitour?

Thomas Summer, MD on #61991

looks like you got tight iliopsoas!? maybe too much forward lean when going uphill?

Participant
    Dada on #61999

Thx Thomas!

Hm, that existing track was set way too steep, that is correct.

Not sure if I can change the forward lean though.

The same happened to me during freeriding in Fieberbrunn yesterday. I paid attention to my stretching afterwards. Stretching Iliacus helped to stand upright, but there was still a subtle pull on my abdomen. After stretching Psoas, it was fine.

One other thing I discovered, after uphill I have a significant belly. Could this be caused through an anterior pelvic tilt I get during skitouring?

Cheers
    Dada

Thomas Summer, MD on #62288

Do you use a Steighilfe (sorry to all non German speaking people, but I don’t know the english word)? That will even increase the pelvis tilt.
    I would recommend stretching the calves and hamstrings. And strengthening back and glutes.

cheerio!
    Thomas

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.