AeT test treadmill vs outdoors

• Creator
    Topic
    juskojj
    Participant

so for my own clarification if you do your AeT test on a treadmill you want to compare your avg heart rate on the 1st half to the 2nd half.

if you do it outside it should be on a flat to gently rolling course preferably not an out and back and keep your heart rate as steady as possible and use the Pa:Hr over the entire test.

If your % difference on the treadmill is 3.5-5% your at your AeT. If your Pa:Hr is 3.5-5% your at your AeT as well correct?

also is this is my normal route, good enough for an AeT test? see pictures

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Thomas Summer, MD on #54383

You are right!
    The course is perfect. 26ft up and down very little. This will have no impact on your results.

Inactive
    Anonymous on #54389

Also note that the formula is: [Avg HR 2nd half] / [Avg HR 1st Half]

That will give you something like “1.09” or “1.25” which would mean 9% and 25% respectively.

Participant
    juskojj on #54390

i’m lost on your calculations. can you explain?

it’s not very clear in this article for outdoors https://uphillathlete.com/heart-rate-drift/

are they saying take the Pa:Hr for the overall all and the 1st and 2nd half? so if the overall Pa:Hr is good so does the ratio of the 1st and 2nd half?

Participant
    Shashi on #54426

If you are testing outdoors, just look for Pa:Hr in Training Peaks (premium account). Pa:Hr is for the duration of the test.

The calculation that Scott mentioned is for the indoor treadmill test.

Does this help?

Participant
    juskojj on #54427

Yes, I thought he was talking outdoor. I knew indoor was the comparison

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.