Aerobic Threshold Test

• Creator
    Topic
    fritz.mueller
    Participant

When I do the Aet drift test I need to get average HR for the first half and second half of the one hour test. My heart rate monitor and Garmin Fenix will get me the average HR for the whole hour but how do I get the two distinct averages? Stop the Garmin at 30 minutes and immediately start a new workout while continuing to walk? Easy enough but is there another technique commonly used?

• Participant
    Umer on #63177

Hi Fritz

You don’t need to log two workouts; If you have a training peak account linked, you can view it in the analysis tab. You can see the details in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30XDAtkDZ78

Note: one hour is the recommended time for the Aet Drift test and shouldn’t include warmup. I usually do a 1 hour 20 mins workout for the AET test and analyze the last 60 mins BPM to calculate the AET.

MarkPostle on #63209

Fritz- Concur with Umer above. For the aerobic threshold test since you’re interested in specific averages for the first 30 minutes and last 30 minutes I just let the data run for the entire work out including the warm-up and then go into training peaks and highlight the approximate 30 minute selection in the data that I am interested in we can cover this analysis method in the next zoom meeting if that is helpful.

MarkPostle on #63210

Fritz- Concur with Umer above. For the aerobic threshold test since you’re interested in specific averages for the first 30 minutes and last 30 minutes I just let the data run for the entire work out including the warm-up and then go into training peaks and highlight the approximate 30 minute selection in the data that I am interested in we can cover this analysis method in the next zoom meeting if that is helpful.

Participant
    fritz.mueller on #63213

I did a test run of the process this morning and everything worked great so thanks Umer and Mark for the info, no need to cover this in the next zoom meeting.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.