Aerobic threshold estimation based on HRV

• Creator
    Topic
    sbr
    Participant

I am analyzing my runs with runalyze. A while ago they introduced a new feature which estimates AeT based on HRV:

Aerobic threshold estimation based on HRV

I’ve been experimenting a bit with this and found that the results are typically within 5bpm of the AeT that I identified with a Drift Test. Obviously not all type of runs are suited for that feature but in general results look very reasonable.

I was wondering if other people out there have any experience with this feature. If it would give reliable results it would be a nice way to track AeT without having to do a dedicated drift test.

• Participant
    Dada on #57772

Hi,

The values are quite good when I do VO2MAX intervals. Never did any ramp test though and that feature is only “valid” when doing a 5min ramp/step test.

Also, when you use an ANT+ chest strap then you have too many artifacts which doesn’t make it reliable.

So:
    – use a Bluetooth chest strap
    – do a ramp test

Then the results should be even better.

Cheers
    Dada

Participant
    Dada on #60032

Hi,

There is a new app on Android called FatMaxxer which provides you with real time rolling Alpha1 values during training. I ordered a Polar H10 and will try this. The only problem I see is that the 0.75 = AeT are just tested for running and cycling so far.

I’ll keep you posted on this.

Dada

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.