Adjusting hrTSS for hilly hikes done indoors

• Creator
    Topic
    Moiez K
    Participant

Hi,

On the weekend weighted hilly hikes of the intermediate plan, I get TSS and hrTSS scores from my Garmin match, but there is elevation gain, even when done on the Stairclimber. I recall reading on your website that for certain vertical feet gain, we should add to the score (eg, add 10 for every 1,000 feet of elevation gain). How would that work for the weighted hikes on Saturdays and Sundays on the Stairclimber? What should we add to the hrTSS scores?

Thanks!

krish on #75748

From what I understand, it’s +10 TSS per 1000ft for both uphill and downhill since there’s still training load from the eccentric downhill movement. Since there’s no equiv downhill on a machine, it’s just the uphill (concentric), and I think you only use +5 TSS.

krish on #75749

From what I understand, it’s +10 TSS per 1000ft for both uphill and downhill since there’s still training load from the eccentric downhill movement. Since there’s no equiv downhill on a machine, it’s just the uphill (concentric), and I think you only use +5 TSS.

pedro on #75841

Hi ,

Use +10 of Hrtss. Don’t forget that all your values training stress score should be heart rate training stress score (hrTSS)

Cheers,

Pedro

Participant
    Moiez K on #75880

Thanks!!!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.