24 Week Expeditionary Mountaineering Training Plan

• Creator
    Topic
    Niv Slama
    Participant

Hello coaches, I wanted to ask if the 2 consecutive 12 weeks mountaineering training group programs that we are doing(at least some of us), does it prepare you and equal in the sense of the end goal as your 24 Week Expeditionary Mountaineering Training Plan that is available to purchase on the website?

MarkPostle on #63630

Niv, They are slightly different but in general, the 24-week plan is just slightly harder than the intermediate level of our training group but definitely easier (less training duration) than the advanced level of our 2 sessions of 12 week training group. The overall aim, concepts and preparedness are similar. The 24 plan is a bit simpler and the group has a little more complexity. Hope that helps answer the question.

Participant
    mattmay3s on #63633

From a client’s perspective, I’ve done the 24 week plan twice before as preparation for Elbrus and Spantik and found it great. BUT it was much ‘easier’ (being a relative term) than the Advanced levels of this Training Group.

Participant
    Niv Slama on #63641

Thanks a lot Mark and Matt.

Participant
    Cory from Wisconsin on #70689

I’m signed up for the October group and wrestling with this very question. I have previously completed the 24 week plan to great effect and was starting in on another round when I decided to sign up for the group training. Right now I’m signed up for the intermediate plan, but wondering if I should bump up to the advanced plan?

My “A” goal is Kili in early January on a relatively easy 8 day route, so I believe even the basic plan would get me to the top. “B” goals include some ice climbing in February and if I had done the 24 week plan I would have added the workouts from the free Training for Mixed/Ice Climbing article that Steve wrote. Not sure how that would work with the intermediate or advanced plan in the group training.

Mark/Steve – any suggestions here?

Thanks,
    Cory

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.