Looking forward to the New Year!

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all FUA’s,
    Maya and I had a blast working with all of you. We hope your 2021 is wrapping up nicely and you’re looking forward to a happy healthy 2022. We’d love to see you again in FUA Group 4, and maybe with a friend. It’s a great time of year to help someone get started on a new fitness journey.
    Sending our best!
    Carolyn and Maya

• Keymaster
    Jane Mackay on #61333

Thank you, Carolyn and Maya, this has been an amazing year, truly transformative. Not only physically, but even more so mentally in my perception of myself and of what I can do.

The learning has been incredible, and one of the most important things I’ve learnt is how to read the body’s signals that it’s time to curb my enthusiasm and dial back or even stop completely for a bit to allow for the needed recovery.

At age 50-51 this has been my first ever year of training and of actually pushing my body in any way. I’m going to take January off from structured training to step back both mentally and physically and assess how and what I want to do in terms of training and goals in 2023. Not least because this past year peri/menopause greatly clouded the signals and affected what I could do. I’ve started hormone therapy, so I’m going to give that time to kick in (which I fervently hope it will!) and then try out my new-old body (and psychological state).

Thanks again. I expect to be back at some point!

Happy New Year! May it be a much better one for all of us.

Keymaster
    Jane Mackay on #61338

ps. Obviously I mean 2022. Apparently I’m ready for 2023 already!

Inactive
    Anonymous on #61339

Hi Jane,
    As you can imagine we are thrilled for you and your fitness journey. And to have been able to be a part of this transformative time in your life. Thank you as always for the feedback and Happy New Year!!!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.