Kettlebell training alongside ChamFit | Uphill Athlete

Kettlebell training alongside ChamFit

• Creator
    Topic
    Greg
    Participant

I’ve been doing kettlebell and bodyweight training for a few years now, and while I’m excited for the Mountaineering Training Group, I’m keen to keep some of my hard-won strength gains. In particular, I usually do some mix of the following:

1. One-handed swings [KB]
    2. Clean & presses [KB]
    3. Turkish get-ups [KB]
    4. Squats [KB]
    5. Push-ups [bodyweight]
    6. Dips [bodyweight]

Based on Scott’s response here [*], the one exercise that may be too high intensity are the swings. But if I do the other exercises [2-6] under a more conventional strength training regime (fewer reps, 1-3 min between sets, not high intensity intervals), is this okay? Also, if anything in [1-6] is essentially covered by similar exercises in ChamFit, I’d love to hear it. Finally, if this is just a bad idea (mixing ChamFit with my own strength training), please let me know.

Thanks for the help!

[*] https://uphillathlete.com/forums/topic/strength-exercises-during-building-aerobic-base/#post-21546

pedro on #75182

HI Greg ,

Since you are doing already a organised strength training , I would combine with chamonix fit , instead of two day of chamonix fit , do you training one day and chamonix in the other.
    Chamonix fit works a bit different that your typical strength routine.

Cheers,

Pedro

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.