TSS -> recovery time

• Creator
    Topic
    Janes
    Participant

Hi Scott,

Once you wrote in a discussion about TSS:
    “For hard muscular workout that has a very high local muscular endurance factor with a (disappointingly) low HR such as an uphill ME workout then I pick a number that reflects the recovery time before the athlete feels ready for another such workout. An ME workout for a high level athlete like David Goettler or Luke Nelson will take them days to recovery from and based on the actual workout I have assigned I will give these a TSS of 150-200”

How do you gauge the readiness for the next hard workout or the time needed for recovery?
    Do you compare the athletes feeling with TSB?

Thank you,
    Janes

• Inactive
    Anonymous on #8291

Janes;

For these ME workouts you gage preparedness or recovery state on how your legs feel. Are they tired when climbing the stairs? Then you are not recovered. Another way to know with the ME workouts is that you should see significant improvement from week to week. If you don’t see that then you are 99% of the time not recovered. TSS and TSB are good metrics but you must consider how you feel and not blindly adhere to the numbers regardless of fatigue.

Scott

Participant
    Janes on #8292

Thank you Scott.

I can see that you should feel recovered.
    You said that you pick a TSS number that reflects the recovery time before the athlete feels ready for another such workout. After you assign the TSS, you compare the TSB number with the actual athletes feeling of preparedness and recovery?

Janes

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.