Training plans and TFTNA

• Creator
    Topic
    crwebber707
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m trying to determine how different the 24 week expedition mountaineering training plan is from the information provided in TFTNA. Any directions would be most appreciated

Posted In: Mountaineering

• Participant
    TerryLui on #34234

I believe the 24 week plan is the same as the book but it uses TrainingPeaks (TP) as the tracking/calendar medium.

An alternative to using TP + 24 week plan is to use the TftNA log book:

The New Alpinism Training Log

I found the learning curve w/ the log book much more gradual vs. TP.
    However, at the end of the day you can do/learn/track more with TP. So it just depends on where you’re at and how much time/effort you want to put into learning a new tool.

Inactive
    Anonymous on #34311

Terry’s mostly correct.

The 24 week Expeditionary plan follows very close to the books principles. However the 24 plan represents a evolution in some details of our thinking when applying those principles to a broader user group.

I hope this helps.

Scott

Participant
    crwebber707 on #34346

Thank you both, it does help. A final question as I figure out what the best fit for me is. What kind of non-techncal support comes with the training plans? Meaning will I be able to ask someone questions about the exercises and my progress through them, not technical support to the training peaks front end.

Thanks

Inactive
    Anonymous on #34376

The forum will act as your resource for questions about how best to implement your plan. All the exercises are explained in the workouts with videos. If you have TftNA book you will also have a great reference tool.

Scott

Participant
    crwebber707 on #34378

thanks Scott! buying the 16 week today!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.