Recommended Reading | Uphill Athlete

Recommended Reading

• Creator
    Topic
    hdrop
    Participant

Hi all,

I finally got around to reading Breath by James Nestor and wanted to recommend it to others as it has a nice dovetail with the training philosophy. https://bookshop.org/books/breath-the-new-science-of-a-lost-art/9780735213616

For me personally, I have noticed that regular nose breathing is a good indicator that I am staying in Zone 2 (so i dont have to constantly check my HR). Hence why I am finding this book so interesting– more than just training benefits of staying in Z2!

Anyone else have reading recommendations that have helped you with training or understanding your body (besides the Uphill Athlete training books of course ;)?

• Participant
    Piedad Barillas-Bird on #63884

Awesome. Thank you for the recommendation. One of my favs is The Rise of Superman: Decoding the science of ultimate human performance. By Stephen Kotler. All about Flo state 🙂

Participant
    Michelle on #64430

For me its definitely Stacy Sims: Roar

I am a HUGE believer in “Women are not small men” approaches. So she’s one of my faves. Love to science behind it all and I have interacted with some of her team quite a bit for questions on the app Wild.ai – her team reminds me quite a bit of our coaches here – super supportive and tonnes of information.

Would love to see the authors of Uphill Athlete books and Stacy Sims collaborate on a book for women 🙂 (if they do, i want credit, haha)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.