Labral Tear Rehab

• Creator
    Topic
    philjoe101
    Participant

Hi all,

Hope you’re well admist everything going on! 3 weeks ago I had surgery to repair a torn labral in my right hip. Doctor says I should be back to jogging in about 3 months and back to climbing in about 6 (fingers crossed!). I started PT last week, working on some basic mobility/stretching. I hope to climb Denali next early summer, June 20th.

My questions are
    1. Is there anything I should or shouldn’t be doing to ensure a healthy recovery?
    2. Am I setting my sights too high to be fit enough for Denali next year?

Thank you!

Phil

Posted In: Injury & Rehab

• Participant
    briguy on #44889

I had hip labral tear repair (and polishing of the femoral head and “rim trim” on the socket) in mid 2018 and I ran the Pikes Peak Ascent 14 months later, and I just did the full Pikes Peak Marathon 3 weeks ago.

Everyone’s recovery is different however, but if you do it right then I’d say it should be a possibility. Just remember that recovery isn’t linear, you’re going to have setbacks along the way but that doesn’t mean the whole process was a failure.

Glad to offer any other advice on my experience.

Participant
    Pete Dickinson MS,PT on #44946

Listen to your bodies true response, don’t have a story in your head about what SHOULD happen. Work the progressions, but adapt to how you respond.
    Cheers,
    Pete

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.