Fasted Training vs. Hungry Training

• Creator
    Topic
    WillB
    Participant

I’m hoping to get a better understanding of the different impacts of training fasted first thing in the morning versus training while hungry in the afternoon. Unfortunately my job starts quite early in the morning which makes sessions longer than about an hour and a half quite difficult to do first thing in the morning. Often I will only eat between 700 and 1000 calories by 3pm and will feel pretty hungry when I start a session. Will I still get a fat adaptation benefit while doing low intensity training in this state or would I be better off just eating beforehand if I can’t do my session in the morning?

Posted In: Nutrition

• Participant
    Mariner_9 on #64342

Hi WillB,

I’m in the same boat – I start work around 0530. I normally have a large breakfast around 7am, eat lunch no later than noon, and when I finish work around 1630, that leaves enough of a gap (i.e. more than four hours) to get some fasted-training effect. I think my calorie intake is significantly higher than yours – breakfast is usually ~900 calories, lunch ~500. I rarely feel hungry before I start exercising ~1630.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.