Carolyn’s home made recovery drink

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Happy Friday FUA’s
    I line with the idea of sharing recipes I thought I’d share one of my personal recovery drinks. I’m not a big fan of pre-made, packaged stuff, that tastes too sweet so here’s what I do ( :

I buy a large container of veggie juice, something from SUJA or local organic – apple, spinach, celery, kale, cucumber, type thing so it’s light and slightly sweet, I use 12 oz of that, add 4 oz of water, throw in a scoop of Whey Protein powder, I use “Whey to Go!” whey protein, vanilla from Solgar (if vegan/veg you can substitute another protein source). I squeeze in a couple of tablespoons of Flavored Omega 3, I use the lemon or mango flavored liquid Omega 3 from Barlean’s. And then I’ll throw in some hemp hearts/chia/bee pollen/flax/spirulina if feeling like it or not.

And VOILA! A super healthy, easy, amazing recovery drink with all the carbs, protein and fats you need. Not too sweet and less packaging. I put mine in a mason jar with a plastic washable lid so I can just throw it in my bag with no worries about spills or leaks.

Happy Training!
    C

• Participant
    Angeliena Kam on #67389

Thank you for the recipes! Do you have a favorite protein powder? Thinking of changing mine up.

Inactive
    Anonymous on #67397

Hi Angeliena,
    I do have a favorite ( :
    I am not vegan or vegetarian, so I prefer whey protein powder over others because it is a complete protein source. Which is important not only for all female athletes but even more so for menopausal women (peri and post too).
    My favorite brand is Solgar, “Whey to Go” vanilla. It is from an organic/grass fed source and is entirely a whey protein isolate. vs whey protein concentrate. What that means in the simplest terms is it is more readily absorb-able by the body, it also mixes in easily with no clumping so works super well in the drink I mentioned above and does not cause GI upset and gas as many other protein powders do.
    I hope this helps!
    Happy Training!
    C

Participant
    Angeliena Kam on #67406

Thank you! I will try it out.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.