breathwork and movement efficiency to control HR

• Creator
    Topic
    surech.k
    Participant

i noticed that paying attention to breathing while uphill and downhill session helps a lot with maintaining HR below aet for zone 2 training (hiking steep hill and running back down)

but for trail running, it is very difficult to maintain zone 2 for even for slightly uphill running so i ended up walking on uphill and running on flat and downhill.

i love trail running and would love to incorporate it in my level 2 training as much as possible instead of just running on flat and walking on slope (which is boring)

is there any training or references to breathwork and movement efficiency/techniques for uphill training?

pedro on #75154

Hi ,

As soon as you are improving your aerobic capacity, gradually you are going to run more and walk less , even on the incline.
    Walking more at the begging is also a plus and not a minus , because you have less impacts and joints and muscles don’t suffer so much and have time to adapt to the volumes .

Cheers

Pedro

pedro on #75155

Hi ,

As soon as you are improving your aerobic capacity, gradually you are going to run more and walk less , even on the incline.
    Walking more at the begging is also a plus and not a minus , because you have less impacts and joints and muscles don’t suffer so much and have time to adapt to the volumes .

Cheers

Pedro

pedro on #75156

Hi ,

Cheers

Pedro

Participant
    Travis Gerbatsch on #75297

Screech.k – I found the same exact thing today. I was actually getting kind of frustrated. It was so hard to maintain a zone 2 heart rate even on small hills. I had to walk all the hills and even some of the flats.

But you’re right on, controlling the breathing did help maintain a zone 2 heart rate.

I hope to see improvements in the next 4-8 weeks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.