Barr Trail and Beyond – Thank You

• Creator
    Topic
    Beej
    Participant

Steve and Scott,

When I bought your book four years, I was an out of shape 30-something who had just started hiking up big mountains in the Rockies. My days as a high school athlete were far behind me and every summit was a tremendous physical challenge. Since then, I’ve used your training program and had amazing results. Within a year and a half, I was able to summit Mount Rainier and that was just the beginning. Year over year, I continue to get in even better shape. What used to feel out of reach, now feels possible. Last week, I hiked 7,400 vertical feet up Barr Trail on Pikes Peak in a single push. When I reached the summit, I had beat my goal time by a full hour and still felt strong. Now, as I approach 40 with a job that requires me to sit at a desk all day, your program has been the key that unlocked the mountains.

Thank you so much.

Brad

• Participant
    Shashi on #45123

Congratulations Beej. Thanks for sharing your story.

Participant
    briguy on #45133

Nice work. You should consider doing the Pikes Peak Marathon or Ascent next year.

Inactive
    Anonymous on #45135

Beej:

You are most welcome. Thanks for sharing this story. It warms our hearts to hear how our UA books and training methods transform people’s lives. It is our mission to share this knowledge with our mountain community so that more can experience what you have.

Keep going. I think you have only scratched the surface of what you are capable of.

Scott

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.