Anerobic threshold & maximum Heartrate – how close can one come?

• Creator
    Topic
    Marcel
    Participant

Hi,
    thanks to Uphill Athlete training advice i managed to get my AnT up from 164 to 173 in my latest threshold test today. thanks for making this possible.

For expectation management: My maximum heart rate is 190. Based on your experiences, how close to the maximum heart rate can I push my AnT in the future approximately? for the difference between the AeT and the AnT we have the 10% test. Are there similar figures available for AnT vs. HFmax?

thanks a lot in advance!

Marcel

• Inactive
    Anonymous on #55037

I’m not sure. It’s not something that I’ve ever focused on. Speed at AnT is a better performance metric.

You’re already at ~91%, so I suspect you won’t see much change in heart rate. However, speed can continue to improve for years.

Participant
    Marcel on #55063

Hi Scott,
    thank you for your feedback. Will work on speed for sure.

Inactive
    Anonymous on #55069

To be clear, I meant that your speed at all intensities can continue to improve. I didn’t want you to think that you should just train high-intensity speed.

Participant
    Marcel on #55108

@Scott: totally understood & thanks for clarification. just wanted to point out that i got the point that difference between AnT and HFmax is no useful indicator for tracking progress.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.