12-Weeks: February 14, 2022 – May 2, 2022
February 7: Registration closes. February 9: Orientation call
Week 1: February 14. Training Starts
Week 12: May 2, 2022. Last Week of Training
Our 12-Week Uphill Athlete Mountaineering Training Group is a comprehensive combination of training plans designed for mountaineers, a live, hands-on education in the fundamentals of endurance training, all wrapped up into a supportive community of fellow mountain athletes.
The program will be held in consecutive 12-week blocks, which allows for one time participation or repeated participation depending on individual fitness goals.
Each athlete will self-select the right training plan for them.
You may switch to an easier or harder plan at any time.
Participants will use self administered fitness testing to help create a customized training program for each individual.
- Every two weeks we will hold a live video conference via Zoom where the coaches will cover the full spectrum of endurance training topics.
- A private members-only forum will host discussions about all of your questions and topics of interest. Ask your coaches and your community anything here: From heart rate training to which boot and crampon combination is best for your climb, to acclimatization strategies.
- The UA community cultivated in this program will be the bedrock of our shared success. It is through this community that we will motivate each other and keep each other accountable as we progress through each phase of training. Since all of us will be training individually, having a group to fall back on for support is fundamental for maintaining the daily commitment that endurance training requires. Participants will be introduced to a wide network of fellow mountaineers, both local and international, that share the same curiosity and passion. This is an incredible learning opportunity for anyone interested in endurance training, taught through the UA training methodology by our coaches Steve House, Mark Postle and Nate Emerson.
All participants will receive a TrainingPeaks premium subscription which is a $60 value for the 12 weeks.
- 100% confidence in your ability to train for, prepare and achieve the best fitness level you’re capable of for your objective.
- You’ll have the best shot to achieve your goals because you will be trained by Uphill Athlete coaches who have prepared thousands of people to climb the highest and hardest mountains in the world.
- Learn to skillfully apply strategies and modifications that will allow you to adapt training for your fitness level, age, and body type.
- Join a strong community of like-minded mountaineers and athletes.
- You may surprise yourself by going longer or higher when you surround yourself with inspiring coaches and a supportive community.
This Program Includes
- Access to industry-leading Uphill Athlete coaching methodology and coaching. Currently, Uphill Athlete’s one-on-one coaching programs are full. This Mountaineering Training Group is an opportunity to gain access to the Uphill Athlete training methodology through coaches Steve, Mark and Nate who have decades of coaching experience along with being athletes themselves and are passionate about serving mountaineers.
- 12-weeks of progressive training workouts designed to prepare you to climb so you can start where you are and move confidently towards your goals and finally have a clear path to climb that mountain or do that skiing or climbing adventure.
- Daily training plan with endurance and strength workouts scaled to your level of fitness with detailed descriptions. The plans will all include suggested supportive modalities on recovery days, so you know what to do every day without having to think about it.
- A private community, delivered through Zoom and a private Forum page, so that you have a place to share your experience, receive support and feel inspired to stick with your training through the inevitable ups and downs of family, work and life.
- Bi-monthly live group coaching calls with the coaches on Zoom, so you get all your questions answered and receive additional support with your training from Steve, Mark, and Nate. Recordings of the calls will be available for you to watch anytime via the private forum page.
- Access to over 100 exercise and mobility video demonstrations, so you have easy reference at your fingertips and can prevent injury and enjoy your workouts more.
- Premium Training Peaks Membership ($60 value): Training Peaks is the software used by Uphill Athlete to deliver the training workouts and schedule to your calendar. The premium membership also allows you to easily synch your heart rate and workout data from your watch, so your training data is tracked automatically.