Following (in the same boat)
I had a search around, but couldn’t see that this has been asked before – apologies if it has.
I’m doing the Big Vert plan and had my first Z3 uphill training session a couple of days ago, aiming for about 20mins uphill. Disappointingly I ran out of hill after 12mins, on what is probably the longest / steepest hill around here. Prior to this week, I’d done 12 weeks of ME work.
As I don’t have access to a treadmill, the options for me seem to be:
1. Extend the run (but the elevation remains the same) – this would likely incorporate sections of flat or easy ground. To me, this seems less likely to build on the ME work.
2. Run up and down the hill a few times – I guess this risks losing the Z3 aerobic benefit.
3. Continue the ME work instead – I’m quite reluctant to do this, as I don’t recover very well from it, which limits the running I can do in the week.
4. Do the Z3 uphill work out in a weight vest.
Number 4 makes mosts sense to me in terms of training ME and Z3, but wonder what others would go for.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.