Uphill fitness after shoulder surgery

• Creator
    Topic
    bdpiche
    Participant

Going into week 2 following shoulder arthroscopic repair (Bankart with remplissage for the nerds out there). Seeing surgeon this week to get the all clear to start physio for the shoulder, but would really like to be at some level of uphill fitness in the case that I’m back skiing by February or March… I have access to a treadmill and bike on a smart trainer, anything else I can do while in a sling for another 4 weeks?
    TIA!

Posted In: Injury & Rehab

Thomas Summer, MD on #75136

Hi!
    How is the recovery going? I hope you found some good ways for X-training.
    Depending on the exact type of injury you should be on the way to normal function.
    If there are any questions, please let me/us know.

Lg!
    Thomas

Participant
    KevinKunchu on #75288

I’m glad to hear that you’re on the road to recovery following your shoulder surgery. It’s important to focus on exercises that don’t put too much stress on your shoulder. Talk to your physiotherapist at the physiotherapy clinic about what exercises are appropriate for you at this stage of your recovery. They may suggest exercises to help maintain your cardiovascular fitness such as seated cycling or using an arm ergometer.

Thomas Summer, MD on #75299

Please be careful with an arm ergometer after shoulder surgery!
    After 3 months after surgery you should be getting back to normal.
    I would be very careful with skiing for this season, but follow your surgeon’s advice on that.

Participant
    KevinKunchu on #75331

I’m glad to hear that you’re on the road to recovery following your shoulder surgery. It’s important to focus on exercises that don’t put too much stress on your shoulder. Talk to your physiotherapist at the physiotherapy clinic https://www.liveactivesportmed.com/ about what exercises are appropriate for you at this stage of your recovery. They may suggest exercises to help maintain your cardiovascular fitness such as seated cycling or using an arm ergometer. They may also suggest exercises to maintain your strength and flexibility in your other body parts. Good luck!

For some reason not full text possted

Thomas Summer, MD on #75375

Thank you for the advertisement Kevin!
    Fortunately we have great PTs. You are welcome to talk to them;-)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.