Typo in specific strength hill sprints in big Vert?

• Creator
    Topic
    dan.k
    Participant

Hi,

I think there is a small error in the description of the specific strength hill sprints in the Mike Foote big vert plan.

It says:
    Workout:
    Do the hills sprints as laid out below
    Wk#1&2; 2 sets 4 x 10″ sprints
    Wk#3&4: 2 sets 6 x 10″ sprints
    Wk#5&6&7; 2 sets 8 x 10 ” sprints

However there are only 6 of these sessions in the program because week 4 is a recovery week without any hill sprints. After week 7 it switches to the longer Z4 workouts.

Not a big deal but was just wanting to check I wasn’t missing anything. I presume I go straight from the week3 workout to the week5 workout? Or should it be 2 weeks of each like this?:

Wk#1&2; 2 sets 4 x 10″ sprints
    Wk#3&5: 2 sets 6 x 10″ sprints
    Wk#6&7; 2 sets 8 x 10 ” sprints

Posted In: Mountain Running

• Participant
    baracocol on #54520

I bought this plan by Training Peaks and i found this schedule on the deschiption after week9 :

Wk#9&10; 1 set 6 x 15″ sprints
    Wk#11&13: 1 set 5 x 30″ sprints
    Wk#14&15; 1 set 4 x 60 ” sprints
    Wk# 17&18 1 set 4 x 2min @ Z5 (hard as you can sustain for all 4
    Easy 3 min walk down recovery between each sprint.

Participant
    dan.k on #54542

Hi,

Yes, that is correct. That is the Z4 training later in the plan but I am talking about earlier in the plan (week 4). The first 7 weeks have uphill sprints for specific strength (assuming your strength is good enough by the tests). It describes 7 weeks of workouts but if you actually look at the weeks in the calendar there is no week4 workout due to it being a recovery week so just wondering if people skip week4 or use the week4 program for week5?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.