TSS question

• Creator
    Topic
    saltzmanjane
    Participant

My TrainingPeaks TSS appears to be calculated off of my Lactate Threshold which is I think my AnT threshold??

However I am doing the 24 week mountaineering training plan and it does not have me do the AnT threshold test so I swagged a number for TrainingPeaks

Since I don’t have an AnT threshold, is my TSS basically meaningless even using the fudge factors as recommended?

Is there a way to Swag that threshold if I was unmotivated to do the treadmill test?

Thanks

• Inactive
    Anonymous on #46003

Yes, the TSS is based off of your speed at your Lactate Threshold/Anaerobic Threshold. A 100 TSS score is equivalent to going an hour at AnT, so you can base your workouts off of an estimation of that. An hour at aerobic threshold I have found to be about 50 tss. While it’s not necessary, if you’re uninjured I would still recommend doing an AnT test so you can set more accurate zones in TP and use their metrics.

Inactive
    Anonymous on #46129

…and an AnT test is actually simpler to do than a drift test if you’re looking for AnT HR. Rather than a treadmill, just use any piece of terrain that is consistent for a hard half-hour.

As Alison said, it’s worth finding out.

Aerobic Self-Assessment for Mountain Athletes

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.