Thank you, Shasta Summit via Hotlum Glacier

• Creator
    Topic
    crwebber707
    Participant

Thank you for the excellent and transformative book and workout plan. I completed my goal of taking a complex crevasse rescue class and summit via the Hotlum glacier at Mt shasta CA. The way that I felt fully energized and not tired from a cardiovascular perspective was amazing (my muscles are beat thought). Im looking to extend my outdoor play into climbing and more intense running and would love some input on which of the mountain running training plans would be the next logical step after completing the 16 week (really longer using the TFTNA concepts of base building) mountaineering plan.

Start: 5′ 11″ 195, ADS, AeT 139-143 (via treadmill) pace at AeT 15 minute/mile

Today: 5’11” 182, AeT needs a recheck but by breathing I think its betweeen 143-148 pace at AeT 11 minute/mile on firm beach sand

• Inactive
    Anonymous on #43849

Congratulations!!

Your hard work and dedication paid off. From the sounds of it you have just scratched the surface of your fitness potential. So keep at it.

As for a running plan. If you are new to running training bear in mind that the Luke Nelson Intro to Ultra plan recommends that you are able to handle back to back 25 miles/wk. If you are not at that level you might consider the beginner marathon plan just to allow you to slowly build a running base.

If you’ve got a good running background then the Mike Foote Big Vert plan will be a great one. It’s one of our most popular plans and has been used by hundreds of folks with great success. But it is not for a newby runner.

I hope this helps.
    Scott

Participant
    crwebber707 on #43859

Thanks for the info Scott!

Could you clarify what back to back 25 miles/wk means? Is that 25 miles of volume in back to back weeks over multiple days or 25 miles on day 1 and 25 miles on day 2 within the same week?

Thanks!

Participant
    hafjell on #43895

Could you clarify what back to back 25 miles/wk means? Is that 25 miles of volume in back to back weeks over multiple days or 25 miles on day 1 and 25 miles on day 2 within the same week.

Hi, I’ll let Scott weigh in, but in most of the plans, the volume minimums are for weekly totals. So 25 miles over multiple days in back to back weeks.

Participant
    crwebber707 on #43907

just purchased the the Luke Nelson Intro to Ultra plan, it seems like a good follow up to the 16 week mountaineering plan in terms of volume. Thanks for the suggestions

Participant
    haydenmaria6 on #44123

Thanks for the info Scott!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Thank you, Shasta Summit via Hotlum Glacier’ is closed to new replies.