Super steep hills near Fort Collins / Boulder / Front Range

• Creator
    Topic
    floresrm
    Participant

Hey all!

I’m moving to Fort Collins this summer and wonder if anyone has locations for any “stupid steep” hills perfect for ME weighted carries in the Front Range

And any other really good uphill routes ?

Best
    Ruben

• Participant
    Josh Gray on #68051

Hey Ruben! I’m from the Loveland area and unfortunately there’s not any stupid steep trails around. The only real option is finding a fall line and bush wack up. Maybe even with some snake gaiters. One of the better fall lines I’ve found that isn’t too much deadfall and stuff is on the north side of Round mountain up the Big Thompson off of the Round Mtn Nature trail. Gains roughly 2200’ in about 1 mile

Participant
    Josh Gray on #68052

Here’s the line

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant
    Josh Gray on #68055

One more

Attachments:
    Participant
    nleatham on #69126

Ruben I’ve run into this same issue. I use an off trail route on Green Mountain in Boulder. See the attachment… it can be extended farther to the summit of Green but as Josh said you probably aren’t going to find an actual trail outside of the incline in Manitou. Word of caution with any of these off trail routes please be respectful of the environment and follow practices to minimize your impact to the area, especially as some of these very steep areas are also very erosion prone. The route below is almost entirely on forest duff which is some of the better stuff to be stomping around on.

Attachments:
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.