It works magic 🙂 I tend to run 12h+ a week in Summer and ski as much I can in Winter.
– Skimo gives you tons of aerobic training without trashing the legs and a far reduced risk of injury
– I found out if I do one long run per week (2h) and ski the rest of the time, I definitively loose and would get sore legs; 2 * 2h per week is good though, can maintain the strength
– Muscular Endurance gets amazing; you carry quite a big backpack uphill for long time
– prioperception decreases a bit, can take 3 weeks to be fast again on downhills in tricky terrain
– I often do 7x 90:90 uphill intervals; avg heart rate reduced by 15% for several weeks after a 5 day solid skimo trip