Shifting/Moving your Training Plan

• Creator
    Topic
    Coach
    Keymaster

Hello All,

I have gotten a couple of emails about needing to start your training plan next week or asking how to move things around, so I thought I would make a forum post! Don’t sweat it if you aren’t starting this week; we have many athletes with different needs, and starting a week or two behind won’t affect your training in the long run at all ๐Ÿ™‚

Shifting Weeks: Below I have attached screenshots with arrows showing you how to shift your full plan by a week. Great tool if you are starting late. (The notes don’t shift for some reason so you will have to drag those by hand).

You can also Copy and paste weeks at a time if you just need to add in an extra week or repeat a week without wanting to move your full plan. You can do this by clicking on the same menu bar seen in the shifting images. There is an option to “CUT” “COPY” “SHIFT” and “Delete”

Moving Days: If you just want to move days around, Carolyn demonstrated this on Zoom but you can also look at this article if you have more questions. https://help.trainingpeaks.com/hc/en-us/articles/224985888-How-to-Change-Workout-Order

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Participant
    Laura on #65552

Hi ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for sharing this.

As far as I understood I can change all days as I want. Only between strength training should be one aerobic/rest day, correct?
    Next week Iโ€™m invited on a weeding and want to take the weekend off ๐Ÿ˜‰ Is it also possible to do two trainings (one in the morning, one in the evening) on one day to have an additional rest day? Or should I skip one session?

Thanks!!
    Laura

Keymaster
    Coach on #65556

Hello Laura,

Great question! For moving workouts around I would recommend at lest 48hrs (72 is better) between strength sessions. That gives your body enough time to recover and get the most out of those sessions. As for the wedding next weekend! I would probably recommend you just skip a workout, however, if you are used to training a lot and could handle maybe an extra hour after your strength session or within that day you COULD do that. BUT if you are new to training like this-life happens just skip a day and keep going. Donโ€™t try to start adding in huge days to combat for missed workouts. The plan is on a specific progression for a reason and when athletes move 3 workouts to one day and only train 3-4 days/week there will start being issues with the progression.

Does that make sense?
    Maya

Participant
    Laura on #65577

Hi Maya,

This makes totally sense! Thank you very much ๐Ÿ™‚

Participant
    Phoebe Ngo on #65578

Thanks for this! Just my luck, i got sick this week with a fever and everything so Iโ€™ve been meaning to ask if I can push back my plan.

Participant
    Hillary on #65741

If I am not wanting a rest day on the weekend as I am more available time wise on the weekend for exercise, should I shift the whole schedule around to have a rest day in the middle of the week?

Keymaster
    Coach on #65748

Hello,

Yes you can for sure move your rest day around. You could shift the day off to Monday and move your workouts by one day! Thatโ€™s what I would recommend ๐Ÿ™‚
    Maya

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.