Sharing Files

• Creator
    Topic
    paum31
    Participant

Hello!

I’m Pau, I wanna share some tests I’ve been doing. I’m using a Garmin forerunner 235 with a chest strap.

How do you prefer me to share my activity files?

Garmin connect offer me the following options:
    Export Original
    Export TCX
    Export to GPX
    Export to google earth
    Export to CSV (Excel)

Is any of these formats useful? Should I use another platform?
    Thanks in advance!

• Participant
    Shashi on #45223

Do you use Training Peaks? Many on this forum make their test public and share the link.

If not, is it possible to create a public link to your Garmin workout page?

Participant
    paum31 on #45228

Thanks for your response,

I don’t have a Training peaks premium account.

I think I’ve found a way, This is the first AET test I did:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/5507317680?share_unique_id=13

Can You see it?
    Can you see the different laps/ pace/ HR ?

Inactive
    Anonymous on #45237

It is a bit harder to get the data from Garmin for a HR drift test. What I did here is to select the first half of the test starting at about 12minutes when the HR stabilizes and see that the average HR and Pace are for that section. If Garmin re-calculates correctly I get 4:44 pace and 129 HR. When I do the same for the second half I get the same numbers with would indicate nor drift in HR at all.

If this is the case that I suspect your AeT is closer to 135 and you might want to retest there.

Scott

Participant
    paum31 on #45238

Thanks for your reply Scott!

I see you are able to watch the files posted. Then I’ll do a new post exposing all my test and my doubts!

The file I’ve updated is the first test I did, I’ve done some more!

Participant
    paum31 on #45326

I did a long post, shortly after replying this one. But I can’t find it! Has it been erased or lost?

Inactive
    Anonymous on #45328

Was it posted in this thread? There isn’t anything in the spam filter, so it may not have saved.

Participant
    paum31 on #45331

It was posted as a new post in the general training discussion.

I’ll post it again then!

Participant
    paum31 on #45353

It looks like the post was too long, so I’ve posted it in this thread separeted, may be the links are too much.

I’m Pau I’m 27 y old, I’ve been a swimmer since I was a child, a triathlete for 7 years. These last 2 years I have only been running.
    I’ve been training in a polarized way based on Seiler’s articles and podcasts. However, last month I read your books and decided to do your tests to set my zones and see if I was aerobically deficient.
    I have been doing various tests, all of them have been done in the same 6km lap.

1- First Heart rate drift test to calculate the AET:
    (the test is only the 2 and 3 laps in the laps section of the following file; the first part is the warm up and the 4th is some more miles)
    https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/5507317680?share_unique_id=19
    What I learned: At a 135 HR I have almost zero cardíac drift.

Participant
    paum31 on #45355

2- 45 min anaerobic test.
    (the test is only the 2 and 3 laps in the laps section of the following file; the first part is the warm up and the 4th is the come back home some more miles)
    https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/5517113988?share_unique_id=22
    What I learned: My ANT threshold is at about 174bpm, so my upper z3 is at 173.

Participant
    paum31 on #45356

3- Second Heart rate drift test:
    (the test is only the 2 and 3 laps in the laps section of the following file; the first part is the warm up and the 4th is some more miles)
    https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/5545557439?share_unique_id=17
    What I learned: At a 155 initial HR for Heart rate drift test there is some Heart rate drift. 2’8% decoupling. (Pa:HR Ratio calculated manually)
    My Aet may be at 160bpm? I’m not aerobically deficient ?

Participant
    paum31 on #45357

4- Experiment Heart Rate drift. Tried 4 laps (almost 2h) at a 135 initial HR to see how my HR drifted. I didn’t eat nor drink during the test (I should!)
    (the test is only the 2, 3, 4 and 5 laps in the laps section of the following file; the first part is the warm up and the 6th is the come back home)
    https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/5564566079?share_unique_id=15
    What I learned: At a 135bpm initial:
    – There is not cardíac drift between the 1st and 2nd lap of the test; 0,29% decoupling. (Pa:HR Ratio calculated manually)
    – There is some drift between the 1st and the 3d lap; 3’9% decoupling
    – Definetively there is cardíac drift between the 1st and the 4th lap; 6’25% decoupling.

Participant
    paum31 on #45358

I have many qüestions but I’ll start with only the most important 3:
    – Is my reasoning right, Do you see any flaws on my conclusions?
    – I have been doing almost all the miles at a 110-120bpm Calculating my zones with 155HR as my AET reference, my z2 would be between 140-155bpm and my z1 would be between 120-140bpm, Should I try to do most of my miles at higher HR? 110-120bpm feeld like easy recovery pace, 120 or above HR feels like a little higher effort.
    – What do you think of the 4th experiment? I see it as I should do my long runs with a lower HR than 135bpm if I don’t wanna have that high drift.

Thanks in advance! It’s a luxury to have you here ready to answer.
    PD: Thanks for the uphill athlete book, it nailed the basics, loved it

Participant
    Shashi on #45369

Looks like I am having issues with a long reply as well. I will break it up in multiple posts –

– Is my reasoning right, Do you see any flaws on my conclusions?

Based on the average pace / HR change from Lap 1 to Lap for your AeT tests, looks like there was minimal or no HR drift. I think you are right with your AeT assumption. You might want to repeat your AeT test with target HR (after warm-up) at 160, just to confirm.

AnT – how was the effort? did you go as hard as you can? If yes, then based on Avg. HR for Laps 2 and 3, your AnT calculation seems correct.

Participant
    Shashi on #45372

Should I try to do most of my miles at higher HR?

At, AeT = 160 and AnT = 174, (AnT-AeT) is less than 10% of AnT. Based on this, you are not Aerobically Deficient.

From this article –

If the difference is 10 percent or less of the AnT heart rate, then you will need to reduce the amount of Z2 training and substitute more Z1 for your aerobic base training or you will run the risk of overtraining by running too fast (Z2) too much of the time.

Participant
    Shashi on #45373

Use the tool on this page to calculate your Zones.

What do you think of the 4th experiment?

Not sure if a 2 hour run is recommended for AeT test. If you are doing this just as part of your workout, then stick to the recommended zone (Z1 in your case).

Hope this is helpful.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.