Regional groups for training and fun

• Creator
    Topic
    Jennifer Louie
    Participant

Post a link to your regional group to meet other folks for training and fun. šŸ™‚

• Participant
    Jennifer Louie on #75043

Seattle Area Female Uphill Athletes –

I was in Female Uphill Athlete in a prior cohort and started a Facebook group for the female uphill athletes in the Seattle area so we could do those slow zone 2 trainings together, so feel free to join if you live close by: https://www.facebook.com/groups/femaleuphillathleteseattle. And post something if you need company!

Participant
    Juliana Tenenbaum on #75090

Hey Jennifer- I’m in the bay area and would love to get together with some locals- that said I’ll be up by you shortly, maybe we could get a hike in?

Participant
    Jennifer Louie on #75101

Hi Juliana,

Definitely! It sounds like there are several of us in the Seattle area. DM me on Whatsapp and let’s try to get everyone together for a hike!

Hope to see you soon!

Participant
    Denisa Ronzani on #75210

Hi!
    Denisa here…I am located in the Colorado front range (Evergreen). Anyone else from the same area interested in hiking 13ers or 14ers for the long training days?

Participant
    Paula Kim on #75270

Does anyone know if there is a Uphill Athlete regional group for Los Angeles, California?

Participant
    Juliana Tenenbaum on #75352

Hey! I’m in the Bay area but I’d love to come hang out and make an attempt on Baker or SHukshan or Rainier. If not, I’m happy to just hike.

Participant
    Juliana Tenenbaum on #75353

I’m in the Bay Area- totally down to do a big mountain with someone or just got for hikes or jogs!

Participant
    Suzanne Hackett on #75387

Hi there. Does anybody know if there is already a Europe based FUA group? If not, who out there would be interested in having one? I move around quite a bit but will be mostly based in the French Alps on the Swiss/French border from next week – near Annecy and about 1.5 hours from Chamonix. Iā€™m very happy to travel to meet for adventures šŸ™‚

Participant
    Jennifer Louie on #75404

Hi Juliana,

None of those peaks are currently are on my summer to-do list unfortunately, but I may change my mind later. šŸ™‚ Probably the best place to find potential partners in the area for those peaks is the Facebook group called “PNW Women’s Technical Climbing” (https://www.facebook.com/groups/455749538477045/). They’re a really friendly, approachable group of folks who are always planning various trips and posting information on trip they’ve gone on.

Maybe you already know this information – Baker is pretty easy to do last-minute since there are no permits required, but for most folks they will need an overnight permit for Shuksan and Rainier depending on what route you do. Of course, doing the climb in one single push is the easiest logistically. šŸ™‚ Let me know if need any beta or info since I’ve climbed many of the easiest routes on those three peaks.

-Jennifer

Participant
    Amanda Faith on #75420

Here is a Facebook group I started for those of us in Colorado!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1497622124095305/

Participant
    Theresa Moehrle on #76519

Hi there,
    I just signed up for the next 12-weeks program starting in May, already super excited about it!
    I am located in Munich, Germany, happy to train / workout / go on adventures / prepare for the next program together šŸ™‚

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.