Passed my PhD! Moving to Austria!

• Creator
    Topic
    stephensmith
    Participant

After 5 long years of study I finally passed my PhD and became Dr yesterday! My PhD was in Exercise Physiology and Nutrition, specifically focusing on the gut and how it responds to heat and exercise.

Such a relief to have it finished. Now I can look forward to the next chapter, taking up a role with Red Bull in Austria! I’m really looking forward to being able to do some snow sports, particularly XC skiing and alpine climbs – just not enough of that here in the UK.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Inactive
    Anonymous on #46013

Good luck with the next chapter. (I’ll be curious to hear how Red Bull reacts to a structured, polarized approach to endurance.)

Participant
    sgw on #46061

Congratulations and a “welcome to Austria” in advance 😉

I assume you go to Salzburg? Greetings from lower austria … I hope you will enjoy the mountains here.

Participant
    Dada on #46080

Congrats, Dr. Stephen!

Salzburg is very cool for the things you wanna do!

I live in Munich and my parents life at lake Chiemsee (25min to Salzburg), so I know what you will enjoy the next years!

Best regards

Dr. Dada

Participant
    stephensmith on #46289

Thank you! Yes, Salzburg, but will be exploring Austria. Would be good to meet up with fellow forum members who are willing to show me around!

Participant
    stephensmith on #46290

Thank you!

Participant
    Marion on #46449

Welcome to my hood??
    You will find mountains for every occasion, soft hike to most difficult rock climbing. And plenty of snow, for sure. Usually not in the city but within less than an hour drive.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.