Overtraining vs fatigue

• Creator
    Topic
    Pill
    Participant

So I’ve just got back into training. I have stayed in what I believe to be zone 1 and mostly zone 2 workouts. According to my watch this past week I’ve averaged about an hour a day. I’m 67 . Yesterday I did a zone 2 workout on the treadmill and felt fine. My wife came and woke me up this morning and it was after 11:00 am and I was still sound asleep. I never sleep this late. Is this normal or should I back off volume a little ? Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. – Pill

• Participant
    Cory from Wisconsin on #69944

Sounds like fatigue to me. When I jump into a plan after an extended break it always takes me a bit to adjust and I can generally feel the fatigue take hold after a week or two of accumulated work outs. Then as I progress it lessens, but I can still feel the fatigue accumulating by the time I get to a easy week – proving the need to cut back from time to time allowing the body to catch up.

Participant
    Pill on #69947

Thanks Cory, I guess it’s accumulated fatigue . I took a couple of days off and feel fine . I plan on readjusting my volume downward and spending a little more time building capacity. Appreciate your thoughts.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.