Negative Pa:Hr

• Creator
    Topic
    Jasirmons
    Participant

I just completed the aerobic threshold test for the 24 week mountaineering program. My Pa:Hr was -1.29% and average heart rate was 154. I was trying to stay between 155 and 160. There was not much elevation change. Do I need to re do the test? I have included my results. I live at 6,000 feet elevation and it was 100 degrees and dry during my run.
    Thank you

http://tpks.ws/SJ7ASQGUEFLSMADARE4FVEJWJE

• Participant
    huzefasid on #69029

I faced the similar issue. This may be due to incorrect pace information from GPS and variation in HR but I am not certain. I plan to redo the test on treadmill. This way we can keep pace constant.

Participant
    rcj on #69077

I took a quick look and my first thought is that this is exactly what happens in out and back runs for me. I also once tried the test on a flat field, then reversed direction halfway through and got a negative result. You also went on some of the loops you created for the run in both directions, and I wonder if that played into it. My suggestion would be to redo the test and stay going in one direction while also trying not to get too bored by that.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.