I’m planning a Mt. Rainier Infinity Loop attempt this July. The loop consists of:
1. Starting at Paradise, climbing Mt. Rainier via Disappointment Clever, descending via Emmons back to White River
2. Running clockwise 30 miles of the Wonderland Trail clockwise back to Paradise
3. Climbing Mt. Rainier again via the same route
4. Running 65 miles of the Wonderland Trail counter-clockwise back to Paradise
I’d love to connect with other Uphill Athletes who have attempted (or are planning) this or other trail running + mountaineering adventures.
As a long-time ultra runner and novice but enthusiastic mountaineer (6 Day Mt. Baker Alpine Ascents course w/ crevasse rescue, 3 day Shasta course), I think this will be very fun way to combine two disciplines I love.
Also, I’m on the hunt for 2 guides (i.e. 1 for each Mt. Rainier climb) or 1 guide that is interested in 2 laps 🙂 If you know any guides who want to do this on their day off let me know!
P.S. Props to UA coach Jason Antin for completing this and sharing his trip report:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.