Maintaining the difference between AeT and AnT

• Creator
    Topic
    kimgivler
    Participant

I’ve been using TFTNA principles for several years now, and just started one of the running training plans, so re-tested my AeT and AnT. I calculate about a 15% spread between the 2, so I feel good about where I’m starting.

I’m confused about how the training effects will alter these numbers. I know it’s irrational to be concerned that getting fitter may cause problems, but it seems like if all is going well I may see my AeT HR rise, and if so I’m at risk for dropping below that 10% buffer, indicating aerobic deficiency. I’m less confident that, at age 41, I will see my HR at AnT rise (but maybe I’m really off-base there?). Should I be watching these numbers carefully? Or do I just trust the process and hope/assume that my pace at AeT will improve but the HR will stay constant?

• Participant
    Rachel on #53473

Aerobic deficiency is when the gap is greater than 10%. Mainly once you narrow the gap you’ll need to spend more time in z1 and less in z2 in terms of how it affects your training plan.

Participant
    TerryLui on #53544

Should I be watching these numbers carefully?

Sure, it will help you to learn about how your body is changing and responds to training load.

Or do I just trust the process and hope/assume that my pace at AeT will improve but the HR will stay constant?

You don’t need to hope/assume anything, follow the training with at least 75% adherence (i.e. if you skip/miss more than 25% of the program…one can’t say the program worked/didn’t work) and you will find out for yourself if your pace @ AeT will improve 🙂

Good luck!

Inactive
    Anonymous on #55280

…but it seems like if all is going well I may see my AeT HR rise, and if so I’m at risk for dropping below that 10% buffer…

Uh… if AeT HR rises (and gets closer to AnT), then the gap will close and the percentage difference will decrease.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.