Intake Form changes?

Thomas Summer, MD on #64993

Did you have a coach before?
    How structured has your training been in recent time?
    Why UA? Or how did you come to UA?

…just some ideas. But maybe questions to ask later and not in the intake form!?

Inactive
    Anonymous on #65082

This isn’t so much a content change so much as a payment option change, for the phone consultations, many if not most of mine run longer than 30 min. Maybe in the new payment links there could be a drop down for 30min, 45 min, 60 min for length of call. Rather than athletes paying twice for a 30 min call to equal a 60 min call.

Inactive
    Anonymous on #65153

Basing this off of the types of questions I often find myself asking clients during the initial phone call AFTER they’ve filled out the form:

1) What types of equipment do you have access to?
    —this was especially relevant during COVID, for obvious reasons

2) What does your current training structure look like?

3) What sort of training technology do you have access to (i.e. HR monitor, etc)?

Some of those…particularly the first one…may be more specific to the sort of hybrid/tactical clientele that I work with, but I’d say those are the three big ones that come up just about every single time I chat with a new client.

I’ll also *upvote* Carolyn’s point about paying for the 30-minute calls. I don’t do these nearly as frequently, but for the ones I have done, the chat usually goes on a bit longer than the half hour mark.

Keymaster
    Steve House on #65195

Billing for Phone consults: We are working on a new billing system for phone consults. The way I asked it to work (but please give me your input) is that you can set the number of minutes you spoke, and create basically a one-time custom billing link for say, 47 minutes. The athlete would then just click the link and pay the amount indicated. ($1/minute) Not sure if it’s going to work tho.

What do you guys think?

Inactive
    Anonymous on #65198

I feel like that would be a bit cumbersome. If there was just a drop down menu with
    30 min – $50
    45 min – $75
    60 min – $100

And then we are paid $30/45/60 depending on the call length that seems easiest for both payment by the athlete and figuring out how much the coach gets paid.
    Just my two cents

Thomas Summer, MD on #65273

or maybe a little discount for longer phone calls?
    30min – 50.-
    45min – 70.-
    60min – 90.-

Inactive
    Anonymous on #65284

Perhaps ask why they seek coaching. I often find that folks think they want a coach in theory but it can be a rocky start when they are asked to bring more structure to their training. By asking in the form it forces them to get more clarity around it and also opens the door for discussion in the intake call.

Keymaster
    Steve House on #65397

Thanks for all the great feedback. I’m wrapping this up tomorrow and starting to work on the website changes tomorrow (Monday), so if you have more ideas, please post soon or email me directly. thanks team!

Seth Keena-Levin on #65453

-Are you familiar with TrainingPeaks?

if the respondent indicates ‘no’ I send them info in the 1st email as there tends to be lengthy explanation on the phone if not familiar.

Keymaster
    Steve House on #65526

Additional questions for new coaching intake form. Have you trained with a coach before?
    How structured has your training been in recent months?
    Please tell us why you’d like to start working with a coach.
    What, if any, technology are you currently using to track your training?
    What types of equipment do you have access to?
    Are you familiar with TrainingPeaks?

Hoping that goes live with the new form by the end of this week.
    thanks everyone for the fantastic ideas!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Intake Form changes?’ is closed to new replies.