Importing Garmin Data to UA Workout

• Creator
    Topic
    saulj
    Participant

I am able to upload my Garmin data to TP easily, but it shows up as an extra workout (see attachment). Do people just copy their information into the UA workout or is there a way to “import” that data into UA workout?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Participant
    Edgar Carby on #59675

Saul,
    You can force pair them by dragging one on top of the other. TP will ask you if you want to force pair. I believe they need to be the same category of workout to force pair. And it may be that you have to select the correct category of workout on your Garmin rather than afterward.

Pairing the workouts does not affect your CTL or other metrics although it makes your calendar look nice and tidy.

Mine is a mess because I do the workouts out of order depending on my work schedule, kids, etc.

Participant
    saulj on #59722

Edgar,

So if I want to have TP use my hrTSS to determine my CTL, I have to hand input the values in the assigned workout? Is that how you do it or do you use CTL?

Thanks for your expertise,

saulj

Participant
    Edgar Carby on #59746

So if I do a workout in the run category, TP automatically uses rTSS to calculate the TSS that is used to calculate CTL. Having finally gotten my threshold HR value nailed down, I can go in a manually change the rTSS to hrTSS and get a TSS value (and therefore a CTL value) that is representative of my fitness for purposes of the UA training which is HR centric due to the difficulty to use pace on the side of a mountain.

If i do a Chamonix workout, I set my garmin to Cardio and then manually adjust the TSS in TPP to 50 based on the coach’s recommendations.

I’ve attached two screenshots to show the rTSS and the hrTSS for the same workout so that might help you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant
    Edgar Carby on #59748

Second screenshot.

Participant
    saulj on #59760

Edgar,

Thanks! I am still working on getting the force pairing. It may be easier in teh long run to just copy and paste data into the USA workout.

saulj

MarkPostle on #59765

Saulj- for the drag and drop pairing It does help if they the planned workout and completed data file are the same category (although not always :)) and the planned workout cannot have any data in the completed column (ti will be red if its past the date) and vice versa for the completed data file. The TSS for the completed workout also needs to be rTSS or hrTSS it can’t be manually adjusted yet. This is a long way of saying pair the the files first and manually adjust TSS if you want afterwards.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.