FORUM GUIDELINES — please read
UA forum guidelines
We hope that this forum serves you in your training and in achieving your mountain goals. We rely on all forum members to help keep these discussion forums a safe place for people to share and view information. So that we can all benefit from each other’s knowledge and experience, please follow these guidelines.
1. Do not post spam, advertising or self-promotion.
We welcome and value recommendations of products and services that could solve another forum user’s problem, when the recommendation is accompanied by an explanation of your direct experience with that product or service. Recommendations made for your gain – whether you earn money or get any other type of benefit – are not permitted and will be deleted as spam, along with the profile of the user who posted the spam. No self-promotion.
2. Remain respectful of other members at all times.
All posts should be courteous and related to the training for and performance of endurance activities in the mountain environment. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective. However, you may not attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle other users or the quality of this community. Please respect the diversity of perspectives and experiences that other users bring. Participate as you would in constructive, face-to-face discussions.
3. Please use standard English.
Because this forum is multinational, we use English, as it’s the most broadly understood language at this time. Feel free to use machine translation (e.g. Google Translate) if you need to. Remember that online communication lacks verbal cues, so respond carefully and be clear.
Please follow the language guidelines below to make sure your posts can be understood by all users:
– avoid colloquial forms of words or terms, e.g. “elly” for “elevation (gain/loss)” (Google Translate would not be able to translate that into a user’s native language)
– avoid non-standard shortening of words (these might not be understood by all users or by machine translation tools)
– specify units of measurement, e.g. meters (m), feet (ft), kilograms (kg), pounds
– when referring to a location, include the country or region (e.g. Europe, Central Asia, North America)
4. Use a descriptive topic heading.
Give a short summary of your problem or topic in the subject line. Don’t use attention-getting (clickbait-style) subject lines, as they don’t get attention and only annoy people.
5. Post in the appropriate sub-forum.
Please select the sub-forum that best fits your question or topic. This will make sure it’s seen by people who can actually help you!
6. Stick to the topic when responding to posts created by others.
If you find your reply branching off in a different direction, consider posting it as a new topic for discussion.
7. Do not post “offensive” posts, links or images.
Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes pictures. Use common sense when posting.
8. Do not post copyright-infringing material.
Providing or asking for information on how to illegally obtain copyrighted materials is forbidden.
9. Respect the right to privacy.
This is a public forum, so please consider carefully before posting your own personal information. DO NOT reveal anyone’s identity by posting their personal information (or connecting personal information posted in separate places in a manner that reveals the person’s identity), unless that information has already been revealed publicly by that person in this forum. Posting personal information of anyone else is a major violation of the rules of conduct for this forum and will result in the deletion of the topic/reply and a single warning; a second violation will result in a permanent ban.
These rules and guidelines are enforced by administrators and moderators, and at their discretion they may delete posts that do not comply without warning. Also, failure to comply with these rules or our code of conduct may result in a ban from the forum. We zap obvious spam and spammers daily.
Thank you very much. We value you as uphill athletes!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.