Fasting mimicking diet during a training cycle

• Creator
    Topic
    JB
    Participant

My wife and I have done the fasting mimicking diet twice in the past year or so. It is a fasting diet 2-5 days, where you consume a minimal amount of food. About 1000 calories the fist day and around 700 subsequent days. Developed by Dr. Valter Lago. Dr. Rhonda Patrick discusses it often in numerous podcasts.

I am considering doing one between the transition and base period in my current training. I am considering taking the prescribed rest week, and then fasting. From there I would go into the bas4e period. During the fasting period their would not be any significant training/exercising, just some light walking. There is some weight loss, but the program is developed to minimize muscle loss. Sum total this would make a 2 week rest “period” because a couple of refeeding days and recovery are prudent.

I would appreciate feedback on this. Could this hamstring training? Would I want to allow for more time before jumping into base period (not desirable). Not really attached, but it is also a powerful practice.

Thanks

Posted In: Nutrition

• Inactive
    Anonymous on #47671

I don’t have the experience to say. The only thing that I can think of is that if you’re coming off of a macrocycle, fasting through a recovery week could make it pointless. You may want to extend the recovery for longer than two weeks.

Why do the fast in the first place?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.